Ahead of Friday’s shareholders’ meeting, Roma published its first responses to the questions of the shareholders. The club issued answers related to the stadium and the potential sale of the club:
Questions from shareholder Mario Staderini
President Pallotta, with reference to an offer presented by the Friedkin group, said that such an agreement “does not work with seller-financing”. In this regard, I ask for more details on the offer and the effects of the financing on Roma’s activities.
I also ask that if he should sell, to ensure the continuity of activity and request guarantees from any buyers who demonstrate that they have the resources to be able to support a three-year development plan for sporting activity.
With reference to the questions, all information and considerations regarding the negotiations for the potential sale of the club were represented by Mr. Pallotta in his recent interview.
In the recent interview, president Pallotta said: “We cannot deny that we suffered losses due to the inability to sell tickets, shops being closed, canceling club activities, in addition to ongoing discussions on the income related to TV”.
I want to know the details and extent of these losses.
The economic and financial impact of the events and uncertainties resulting from the spread of the COVID-19 virus, as well as the containment measures adopted by national and international authorities, is currently still difficult to quantify. The club will attempt to address these issues in more detail in the financial reports, which will be made public as required by current legislation.
Considering that because of the COVID-19 emergency, AS Roma subscribers will not be able to use many of the ticket, I want to know what compensation initiatives the club is providing. For example, will the club offer the possibility to convert these unused tickets into a voucher for next season?
The club is implementing a procedure aimed at giving a refund to subscribers and coupon holders for Roma matches.
On 15 June 15, President Pallotta presented the stadium project stating “work will begin in three months”. Six years have passed, what is the situation? Has a different site been considered as opposed to Tor di Valle?
The club and Stadio TDV S.p.A. have done everything required of them pursuant to the stadium authorisation process, which is currently in the hands of the Municipality.
Tor di Valle was selected from a list that included over 100 sites. Should the Municipality not give a final approval, then an alternative must be found.