Roma’s Board of Directors have approved the draft of the 2018/20-9 financial year statement that was published by the club yesterday.
The 30-page document highlights all of Roma’s financial activity from the previous season and details everything from their sponsorship revenue to their transfer business.
Here are just few notable figures and items from the financial statement:
– Roma remained in the red for the 2018/2019 financial year: with a year-end result of -€24.294 million.
– Roma’s expenses totaled €264.5 million — a big jump from the previous financial year when expenses were €230 million.
– The Giallorossi’s total earnings were €232.8 million with €24.2 million of that revenue coming from sponsorships, €112 million coming television and image rights, and €66.2 million coming from matches.
– The Giallorossi earned €130.1 million in “plusvalenze” mainly achieved through the sales of Alisson, Kevin Strootman, Kostas Manolas, Luca Pellegrini and Ezequiel Ponce.
– Monchi’s contract was “officially” resolved with Roma on 8 March.
– The financial statement confirms the recent renewal of Nicolo Zaniolo, Cengiz Ünder and Edin Dzeko — bur there is another that went unannounced: Leonardo Spinazzola renewed his contract with the club until 2024.