UEFA.com – UEFA’s Executive Committee met today via videoconference and approved a set of temporary emergency measures as an addendum to Financial Fair Play regulations to take into account the adverse effect of COVID-19 on the finances of clubs.
Break-even rule – valid during seasons 2020/21 and 2021/22
• the assessment of financial year 2020 is postponed for one season, and will be assessed together with the financial year 2021;
• the 2020/2021 monitoring period is curtailed and only covers two reporting periods (financial years ending in 2018 and 2019);
• the 2021/2022 monitoring period is extended and covers four reporting periods (financial years ending in 2018-2019-2020 and 2021).
• the financial years 2020 and 2021 are assessed as one single period;
• the adverse impact of the pandemic is neutralised by averaging the combined deficit of 2020 and 2021 and by further allowing specific COVID-19 adjustments.